Sunday, November 16, 2008

A long time coming

Finally, I get to show you a secret knitting project that I've been working on for a while. This sweater has been a long time coming for my very patient sister. It took a few tries with different yarn and different sizes, to finally get to an end product that fits her really well.

Renée'ssweater
The pattern is Martha, from Rowan 28, and the yarn is the ever-yummy Felted Tweed. My sister couldn't get over the fact that she could wear it with just a little camisole underneath. She was expecting that "wooly" feeling. Nothing but felty softness instead.

orangesweater
I love the herringbone-esque stitch pattern. But I won't lie, it was a slooooow knit. My lil' sis is totally worth it though.

happysis
Doesn't she look like a happy customer?


1 comments:








Gabi

said...

Hi,
The sweater looks great. I am about to make this for myself. Did you follow the pattern exactly?
I measured 38 so I am going for the size L. I normally wear a size M, but I want it to be loose. Wish me luck!