Friday, March 21, 2008

"Unvented" Noro striped mitts

The idea for these mitts came to me when I saw these beautiful socks, and these lovely gloves. Throw in the ubiquitous Noro Striped scarf motif, and you get:

silkgardenstripemitts

Unvented Noro striped mitts.

stripedmittsclose

Yarn: Noro Silk Garden, #252, 2 skeins
Needles: 4mm
Pattern: totally improvised as I went

I should say that I fudged the colour sequence quite a bit by spit-splicing out the darker bits, and joining together the blues and greens to get the colours in the right order.

The unvented part is a little ode to EZ, since I didn't follow a pattern, but did use her afterthought thumb trick, which was inspired by this post.

Isn't it great how knitting blogs can send little explosions of creative ideas to the brain?


0 comments: