Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Back to boring socks

I'm a little winded after the lace-marathon that was Icarus, and have found myself unable to commit to another time-sucking project. I've flitted from one sweater-in-progress to another and can't seem to stay focused. So we're back to boring socks.
Not the most interesting blogging fodder I know.

The Easter Bunny put these in my chou's goody basket. They looked so right among the chocolate bunny and the Easter Cream eggs.


Specs
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweight Bosco, colour # 3574
Needles: 2 mm
Pattern: My boring, generic sock pattern.

You may wonder why coco knits only boring socks. Would it kill me to knit some patterned socks once in a while? It appears that yes, yes it would. Socks are my "zombie-brain" knitting. No matter how ridiculously tired I am, no matter how exciting the hockey game or movie I'm watching is, I can still manage to work on these babies. I could practically knit these in my sleep (and often wish I would, think about how many pairs I could churn out!)

I've knit some fancy socks in the past, and highly resented the fact that I had to drag a pattern around and actually pay attention to what I was doing, or suffer the consequences and have to riiiip when I inevitably screwed up. I made some lovely Embossed Leaves socks last summer but I hardly ever wear them. I get all precious about them and to me, that's the opposite of what socks should be. I wear them on my FEET and walk all over them all day long, for Pete's sake. Isn't it weird to have delicate lacy bits there?


4 comments:








Anonymous

said...

I love when people refer to themselves in the third person! The socks look great; I love the colors. As for savoring things, I don't even want to tell you how long I keep new things before I actually wear them.





The A.D.D. Knitter

said...

I love my boring sock pattern as well and every fancy sock has either taken for ever or looked overly busy and just plain hideous. Love the Meilenweit!





knittingphilistine

said...

Love the pink socks against that bright red wall!





Jodi

said...

I love the socks! The colors are beautiful, although they don't really remind me of a forest (bosco) very much. Having some fairly mindless knitting on the needles makes me enjoy mundane tasks or The Daily Show so much more.